A mortgage loan or loan against property is a type of secured loan that’s typically used against domestic and marketable assets. Interest on these loans is affordable because they’re secured by collateral. Unless the borrower pays the loan taken, the property remains under the legal power of the lender.
What is EMI in Mortgage Loan?
An EMI, or a fixed monthly payment, is the principal sum and interest that the borrower must pay until the loan is completely repaid.
Knowing about the EMIspayable in advance helps you determine your budget and avail loan accordingly. The interest rate can be a significant factor in determining the prepayment amount. The interest rate charged on such a loan varies from bank to bank and other NBFCs.
Under What Circumstances Do People Conclude for Mortgage Loan?
The reasons to avail a mortgage loancould be numerous. To add up a few:
- Treatment for a critical condition might bear a significant financial investment.
- Numerous people seek financing a vital factor for marriage and other similar large-scale events.
- A borrower may seek such a loan for the final solemnities of a loved one if they pass away.
- Occasionally, cash may be needed to buy another property. In this case, a loan might be a good option.
- Many would consider availing secured financing against their asset mortgages to fund their children’s advanced education.
What are the Benefits of Taking a Mortgage Loan?
- Lower interest rate: Secured loans have lower interest rates than unsecured loans. Chance of getting a loan at a low interest rate increases if borrower has a good credit score and a better relationship with the lender.
- Quick application process: With a loan against property, the attestation process is generally veritably straightforward. This allows lenders the capability to snappily complete application.
- Easy loan repayment terms: Numerous fiscal institutions offer flexible loan repayment terms. Depending on the lender you choose, you can get a loan repayment period of up to 20 years.
- The property remains in the borrower’s possession: The loan you apply for doesn’t affect your power rights.However, you can fluently vend the property if you’re unfit to repay the loan.
- Option topre-close: If you wish, you can opt for the pre-closure option to settle all your loan before the assigned term. Many NBFCs may charge you for that. It’s better to enquire in advance.
- Maximum property use: You can satisfy your fiscal requirements by taking a loan by pledging your property as collateral. As you’re the due proprietor of the property, you can still vend it and get enough financing for your requirements.
How is Mortgage Loan Interest Impacted?
The interest rate is the crucial factor that determines the capability and ease of repaying the loan.
- The advance knowledge of interest rate may help you from adopting a lesser amount or make the loan terms more favourable.
- On the other hand, a lower interest rate allows for easier repayment and a lesser loan period.
- The type of property, credit score, and borrower’s profile significantly impact the interest rate.
- Different NBFCs and banks offer different interest rates, which changes from time to time.
- A shorter prepayment term results in a higher interest rate.
- Borrower with a good credit score of over 700might be eligible to secure a lower interest rate on property loan.
- The request value of the property and property types are the main factors determining the interest rates.
- Income and occupation of the borrower remarkably contribute to determining the rate of interest.
What are the Documents Required to Get Mortgage Loan?
Loan against property documents required for approval are minimal. To mention a few:
- KYC documents
- PAN card
- Proof of residence
- Account statement of past six months
- ITR files of past 3 fiscal years
- Salary slips of last 3 months (for salaried individual)
- Audited balance sheets (for business owners)
What are the Different Kinds of Interest Rates on Mortgage Loan That Borrowers are Offered?
Generally, the interest rate computation method falls under two types.
- Floating interest rates: As the name suggests,this category of interest rate changes with change in the market rate. If interest rate is lowered in the market, borrower may benefit from it.
- Fixed interest rates: If borrower is opting for this term, it signifies that borrower will be repaying the loan at the fixed rate throughout the tenure. Ups and downs in the market rate will not hamper borrower’s interest rate.
For these loans, you can use an inactive asset that has been lying unused over time and avail a good financing value. Mortgage loan interest will be a lot lower if you go for a short term. This surely increases the EMI costs but also makes it easier to meet your financing woes with ease. Generally, similar loans are used by people to fund their businesses or repay existing debts.