IPL Orange Cap List
The IPL Orange Cap List has been updated till the year 2022. And the current 2023 Indian Premier League season is on its way, we are waiting for our next IPL orange cap winner in 2023. As IPL fans, we all want our favourite player to win this amazing reward.
The Whole of India loves to watch Indian Premier League, it has become more than a tournament becuase audiences not only watch this game but celibate it as a festival. Every year millions of cricket fans wait for this tournament and collect all the previous years’ updates. One important factor in this tournament is the orange cap.
Basically, the most valuable batsman from a complete season is rewarded with this cap.
This is a cap that every IPL batsman wants to wear and performs best for it. The IPL 2023 orange cap winner is yet to come so in this post we have shared the complete IPL orange cap list from 2008 to 2022.
Updated IPL Orange Cap List: 2008-2022
Shaun Marsh is the player who won this reward for the first time and started a new list, which is IPL orange cap list. Then he was playing for Kings XI Punjab in 2008, in that tournament he scored a total of 616 runs with 5 half-centuries and 1 century.
Since then orange cap in IPL has become a point of attraction for both players and audiences.
We have shared the updated IPL orange cap list from 2008 to 2022 below:
Important Facts from IPL Orange Cap List
Above you will get a fully updated IPL orange cap list. We have shared the orange cap winner’s name from each season with their team names, total runs, half-centuries, and centuries. As Shaun Marsh was the first IPL orange cap winner, here are some more facts about the topic.
- Last season, IPL 2022 orange cap winner was Josh Buttler. He was playing for Rajasthan Royals in that season where he made 4 halves and 4 full centuries with a total of 863 runs.
- The player who won the most IPL orange caps is David Warner ( three times). He won this reward in 2015, 2017, and 2019 while playing for Sunrisers Hyderabad. His highest score was a total of 692 runs in 2019 with 8 half-centuries and 1 century.
- After David Warner, the West Indies player Chris Gayle has won the orange cap two times for playing Royal Challengers Banglore. He won this cap in two continuous seasons that is 2011 and 2012. His highest score was 733 runs in 2012.
- The Indian players who won the IPL orange caps are Sachin Tendulkar, Robin Uthappa, Ruturaj Gaikwad, KL Rahul, and Virat Kohli.
Rules to Win Orange Cap in Indian Premier League
To win the Orange Cap in the Indian Premier League, a player must score the most runs in the tournament. Here are some of the rules and criteria for winning the Orange Cap:
- The player with the highest number of runs at the end of the tournament wins the Orange Cap.
- If two or more players have the same number of runs, the player with the higher strike rate is awarded the Orange Cap.
- The Orange Cap is awarded to the player who maintains the highest aggregate runs throughout the tournament.
- In case of a tie, the number of boundaries hit by the player will be considered to determine the winner.
- The Orange Cap holder keeps the cap until another player overtakes him in the rankings.
These rules and criteria have made the race for the Orange Cap even more exciting for players and fans alike. Read why it is so popular below.
The Popularity of IPL Orange Cap in India
The orange cap of IPL is highly popular.
It has gained immense popularity among cricket fans in India since its inception in 2008. The Orange Cap adds an extra element of excitement to the already thrilling IPL matches, as fans eagerly wait to see who will emerge as the top scorer in the tournament.
The Orange Cap has become a symbol of excellence and recognition for the top-performing batsmen in the IPL. It has also sparked healthy competition among players vying for the coveted title.
The award has gained so much popularity that fans often discuss the Orange Cap standings on social media and in daily conversations during the IPL season.
Today has become an integral part of the IPL culture, and its popularity is a testament to the passion and love for cricket in India.
Benefits for Players in IPL Orange Cap List
The IPL Orange Cap is not just a symbol of excellence and recognition, but it also comes with several benefits for players who make it to the list. Here are some of the advantages of being on the IPL Orange Cap list:
Higher Visibility and Recognition
Players who are on the Orange Cap list receive more media coverage and attention, which can help them gain more recognition and popularity among fans and sponsors.
Teams may offer bonus payments to players who make it to the Orange Cap list as a reward for their outstanding performances.
Better Auction Prices
Players who have made it to the Orange Cap list may command higher prices at future IPL auctions, as their performance has proven to be consistent and reliable.
The Orange Cap list provides players with a platform to attract new sponsorship deals, which can be highly lucrative and beneficial for their careers.
So, being on the IPL Orange Cap list can be a game-changer for players, helping them to boost their careers and earnings potential in the cricketing world.
In conclusion, the IPL Orange Cap list has become an essential part of the IPL culture, sparking healthy competition among players vying for the coveted title. The Orange Cap has become a symbol of excellence and recognition for players who have performed consistently well in the tournament.
What do you think of the IPL Orange Cap list? Do you believe it accurately represents the top-performing batsmen in the tournament? Share your thoughts in the comments. More