As veganism grows in popularity, an increasing number of people are looking for vegan-friendly edibles, such as THC gummies. But what exactly are vegan THC gummies, and how do they compare to traditional THC gummies? This article will explore those questions and more so you can make an informed decision before buying them.
What are vegan THC gummies and what do they contain?
Just like there are different types of edibles, there are also different types of THC gummies. Some THC gummies are made with gelatin, which is not vegan-friendly. If you’re looking for a vegan-friendly way to get your daily dose of THC, look for gummies made with starch, plant-based gelatin or pectin instead of animal-derived gelatin.
Vegan THC gummies are, as the name suggests, gummies that do not contain any animal products. This means that they are made with plant-based gelatin, rather than the collagen found in animal connective tissue. The other ingredients in vegan THC gummies are typically the same as those in regular THC gummies, which include sugar, corn syrup, and flavoring.
A quick note on Gelatin
Gelatin is a collagen-based substance commonly used in the production of capsules, gummies, and tablets. It is typically used as a solidifying agent to aid in the texture and consistency of gummy bears. It also serves as a solid foundation for the remaining ingredients. While eating gelatin has its advantages for some people, it can be stressful for vegan, vegetarian, or those who simply cannot tolerate gelatin at all. That is why manufacturers use vegan-friendly gelatin alternatives for THC gummies.
How Are Vegan THC Gummies Made?
The process of making vegan THC gummies is similar to that of regular THC gummies. Gelatin alternatives, such as agar agar, xanthan gum, pectin, and tapioca, is used in place of animal-based gelatin, and the rest of the ingredients are mixed together and heated until they dissolve. The mixture is then poured into molds and left to cool and solidify.
Vegan THC gummies vs Regular THC gummies: Potency and Effects
The THC content in vegan THC gummies is typically the same as that of regular THC gummies. This means that they will produce similar effects, including feelings of relaxation and euphoria.
The main difference between vegan and regular THC gummies is in their texture, as vegan gummies may be slightly softer due to the different types of gelatin used. You don’t have to worry about weird textures or flavors because vegan THC-infused gummies taste exactly like regular candy.
Potential health benefits of vegan THC gummies
There is no significant evidence to suggest that vegan THC gummies are any healthier than regular THC gummies. However, some people may prefer vegan gummies because they do not contain any animal products.
Many people are also allergic to certain ingredients derived from animal byproducts or choose not to eat them because of their values; therefore, eating vegan products helps to normalize vegan products in the cannabis space.
Aside from this fact, here are some of the health benefits of vegan THC gummies:
- Contains lots of antioxidants – THC gummies contain a high concentration of antioxidants, which can help you stay healthy by acting as a natural defense system against the body’s oxidative stress. CBD works directly with the Serotonin receptors in your brain to help you manage pain.
- Anti-inflammatory – Antioxidants in THC gummies also fight inflammation in the body, which can alleviate pains, cramps, and discomforts. Vegan THC gummies relieve pain by using natural ingredients that have no negative side effects.
- Relieves pain – Vegan THC gummies are a great natural alternative to painkillers, which can be harmful to your health. THC is thought to be the primary compound responsible for cannabis’s pain-relieving effects. Traditional pain relievers are also addictive, whereas THC gummies show no signs of addiction. THC gummies help relieve pain due to its natural interaction with your nervous system’s serotonin receptors.
- Promotes healthy sleep – If you have trouble keeping a healthy sleep cycle, this substance is for you. We are all aware of the importance of a healthy sleeping cycle for proper body functioning. The benefits of the substance are such that it not only relaxes your mood but also provides you with a restful night’s sleep and a healthy sleeping cycle.
- Keeps you calm – Given that life is stressful these days and our hormones are constantly fluctuating, it is sometimes difficult to relax and be calm. THC is the compound responsible for the euphoric and relaxing effects of cannabis products. Vegan THC gummies have a calming effect on the body and put you in a relaxed state of mind. Hence, it is great for mental health.
Furthermore, these products may alleviate pain and muscle spasms, relieve nausea and vomiting, improve sleep quality, and alleviate anxiety.
Are vegan THC gummies better than traditional gummies?
The answer to this question is subjective and depends on your personal preferences. Some people may prefer vegan THC gummies because they do not contain any animal products, while others may find that traditional THC gummies offer a more potent effect. Ultimately, it is up to you to decide which type of gummy is right for you.
What to watch out for when buying vegan THC gummies
To determine whether or not a THC gummy is vegan-friendly first check the ingredients list. If the gummy contains gelatin, then it is not vegan-friendly. Another ingredient to watch out for is honey. Some THC gummies are made with honey, which is not vegan.
Another ingredient to look out for is Shellac, which is used in some candy as a confectioner’s glaze. Shellac is derived from the secretion of the Lac insect, a parasite that lives in trees on the South Asian continent. This processed glaze is used to add shine to some candy.
To be sure your THC gummies are vegan, look for those made with starch or pectin instead of gelatin. Lastly, check the manufacturer’s website to see if they have any information about their products being vegan-friendly. A lot of companies are now starting to label their products as such, so this is a good place to start.
How to enjoy vegan THC gummies safely
As with any edible product, starting with a low dose and increasing gradually as needed is important. This will help you gauge your tolerance and avoid any unwanted side effects. It is also important to keep in mind that vegan THC gummies can take up to two hours to take effect, so be patient and do not consume more than recommended. If you do experience any negative side effects, such as anxiety or paranoia, immediately discontinue use and consult a medical professional.
Vegan THC gummies are a great option for people looking for a vegan-friendly alternative to traditional THC gummies. They offer the same potent effects and can be found at similar prices. Make sure to consult a doctor before consuming vegan THC gummies or any other edibles. And if you experience any side effects, like fast heart rate and drowsiness, stop immediately and consult a doctor. more